Thermo-teK LM Air ALU is a lightweight glass mineral wool mat, consisting of individual mineral wool strips (lamellas) that are bonded on one side to a tear-resistant, glass mesh reinforced aluminium foil.
Due to its excellent flexibility and lightweight in combination with good mechanical resistance and stiffness, it is a perfect solution for use in rectangular and circular ventilation ducts as well as on small, round objects and pipes.
Knauf Insulation Thermo-teK LM Air ALU is produced with ECOSE® Technology, a patented binder system, based entirely on renewable raw materials.
Defined Thermo-teK applications:
- Rectangular air ducts – outside insulation
- Circular air ducts – outside insulation
- Pipe insulation – heating, water supply
- Ducts & pipes in technical & acoustic rooms
The product is recommended for thermal, fire and sound insulation of defined Thermo-teK applications within technical insulation where:
- a light and flexible solution is required
- a good visual appearance after installation is needed
- Maximum service temperature: 250 °C
- Thermal conductivity (40 °C): 0.042 W/(mK)
- Reaction to fire: A2-s1, d0
- Density: 28 kg/m3
- Lightweight and very flexible solution (much lighter than similar products)
- One (universal) product for different applications, forms, diameters and sizes
- Tear-resistant, sturdy aluminium lamination
- Easy to handle, cut and install around different shapes (perfect edge fit on rectangular ducts, perfect bending, staying solid / excellent forming even on small diameter pipes)
- Good mechanical resistance / stiffness (durable and robust)
- Professional visual appearance on finished installations
- User-friendly soft touch
- ECOSE® Technology